Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Catch Up!

Ahhh, so it's been a while.... my apologies. Life's been busy lately..like really busy. But last week, my body decided it'd had enough of all the craziness, and I was knocked out sick. I'm calling it a cold because that's obviously what the girls had...but its been almost 2 weeks of yuckkk. Sore throat, chills/sweats, coughs, congestion, stomach aches, body aches, headaches, ache, ache, ache...bleh. I think I might be turning the corner though...One can only hope. But anyways, since I've been forced to lie low for a week, I've been able to catch up on some of the things that usually get pushed aside. Such as? I have finally finished the Harry Potter series #betterlatethannever #behindthetimes... I have organized all of my jewelry (and threw away a bunch of missing-their-other-half earrings). I deep cleaned our bedroom (You can actually thank the Comcast guy having to enter into my room for that one...), and I am right-this-minute catching up on my blog. See? Being sick has its own set of advantages. Power of positive thinking..
On the news front...quite a bit has happened in the last month. I ran my first 5k (33.09 people!! -my aim was to be under 40 min, so I definitely succeeded!). That was a huge personal accomplishment because I neverrrrrr (there could not be enough R's on that..#emphasis) thought I could run, and I had to prove to myself that I'm capable. Miracle of all miracles is that I actually find myself enjoying it...not that I've gone at all since contracting this monster cold. But anyways, that was huge to me. I'm so blessed...
Jon and I also got to go on a weekend retreat with our youth group..fun times. It was good, and the weather was beautiful! I absolutely love spending time with teens and feel so grateful that God's let me work with them. And, maybe this is bias (Ok, it totally is), but we have the absolute best youth group around...just sayin'.
Addison turns two in a month (Nov 24th!!)..I can't even believe it. We're having an Elmo birthday... she's obsessed. I'm going to try to make these absolutely adorable Elmo cupcakes I found on pinterest.. #bakingadventures #we'llsee. I'm thinking I should probably try to decorate a few before the party too...I'm the worst for last minute mess-ups that you can't fix in time...good thing I also have a sense of humor and am laid back...Note to self: practice for other people's sake.
The girls and I went to see my mom in RI in the beginning of October. We had such a good time! I love visiting family...wish we lived closer...but 4 1/2 hours really isn't that bad, and is definitely much closer than when we lived in VA.
Oh, something else happened this month...#dontjudgeme...I finallyyy took the girls back to the library! I've been avoiding it since ohhhh, April? I was pretty sure I had a huge fine waiting for me... and the last time I returned books, I received a call that one was possibly colored in and did I know anything about that? (Who, us?) Anyways, I wasn't even concerned with the amount of the fine, nbd, I'll pay it. I was more so embarrassed at the whole thing and nervous I'd be called out on the condition of my last returns in front of people...ha, writing it out makes it seem that much more stupid, but these are the things that go through my mind everyone...#welcomein. So anyways, Addison and I braved the return one morning while Bella was at preschool. We walked in with our heads down, but were surprised and very happy to discover our fine was only $13, and the coloring was not mentioned once. Apparently time was the answer...or at least that's what I tell myself to justify months of re-reading our boring books. #lifeslessons
Ah well, life is good around here. We're happy, extremely blessed, and learning to remember to be thankful for everything we've been given. It's easy (for me) to forget the everyday, little things that God gives me. I'm truly rich in blessings. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment