Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween?

Happy Halloween...question mark. Trick or Treating is canceled throughout the state of NJ (thanks Sandy...) so I'm wondering what to do with my 2 girls who were very much looking forward to trick or treating....and are chomping at the bit to get their costumes on..I'm thinking an in-home Halloween party. Not quite as exciting, but better than nothing? But really, I'm whining about Halloween being postponed and that I totally get that doesn't matter at all. My heart goes out to all those who were severely affected by this crazy storm. We lost power Monday night, and with that goes our water. But thankfully, my sister in law has both and we've been able to spend the majority of our time over here. #grateful 
I was thinking the other day, what is it with Halloween week and bad weather? Last year, it was the snow storm, and we didn't have power then either.  So crazy. 
Anyways, like I said...so incredibly grateful that we are safe, have someplace to go, and that we took the warnings seriously and prepped! I'm prone to cynicism, and was wondering how bad it would actually be or if it was mostly hype..but as the days went on I became pretty convinced it was going to be a bad storm, and I'm so glad I listened and prepared us (as much as I could..). 
I'm thankful also there's something for the news to talk about besides the upcoming election. I know it's important, and I am a big believer in voting. But I get soooo sick of hearing all the trash talking and hate. There's no such thing as "fair news"  today, and it's annoying. #rantover
Well anyways, life is good.  I'm eating a yummy slice of homemade pumpkin bread while sipping on some nice warm mint tea. (Yes, for me food = a good life.)  Stay safe and remember to keep everyone affected by Sandy in your prayers. The damage is insane. I feel incredibly blessed that my family did not get hit harder. Also, remember to keep the clean-up crews and everyone working to repair the damage in your prayers as well. So much work to be done. And of course, Happy Halloween! No question mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment