Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fall

Wow....So, I didn't realize it had been that long since I last blogged. We have been so busy lately it seems. 
About a week ago, Isabella and I got out the fall decorations during Addison's nap. She was *so* excited to help put away summer flowers (I only do fake because they can't die), and bring out the fall ones. Our small stuffed scarecrow is her new favorite of "Mama's Toys" (just wait until Christmas decorations come out --your days as favorite are numbered Scarecrow..).  As we were doing all this, Bella asked me why we had to change decorations. So I told her, because fall has come to the Ramberg house. And it has. In more ways than one. I love fall. I always consider summer my favorite season, but fall is inching its way on up to the top. I love the change in the air -I'm so ready to be done with the heat. I love the change in clothes -yay for not having to bare my legs in short shorts anymore. Jeans are a Cellulite Sally's best friend. I love the colors -orange has long been my favorite, so a season full of orange is over the top wonderful! But this year, what I've loved the absolute most is getting into our routine! Bella has started preschool (gasp). But we love it! She went for the first time, Tuesday (and the second, today). It's been wonderful!! She loves having her own place to go. Instead of just going on Mama's errands, we go to her spot. She loves being around the other kids too -little social butterfly.  I still, on occasion, find myself in shock that we've already entered this next chapter in our parenting lives, but God is good and has blessed us with a great preschool. #thankful
Another big part of our routine is youth group! We started up on Sunday and it was so good to be back. Even though summer went quickly, it seemed like forever since we'd met. I'm so excited for the year ahead. My small group girls have been great so far! Jon and I also lead a Junior High Bible Study on Wed. nights, which is a lot of fun too. We're doing Case for Christ this semester, and I'm really, really looking forward to it. Anyone read that? I haven't yet, so I'm excited to go through it with the kids!
I'm also attending a weekly ladies bible study in PA with two friends of mine (just started yesterday). Very excited about that too! I'm so pumped for this fall. So many great things starting up in our lives! It's going to be a busy year, but I think it's going to be a really awesome year.


Some verses I've been thinkin' on lately~
Colossians 3:12-14 As God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 

Love that. So much truth packed in those verses. I need them as a daily reminder...maybe by the time I'm 80 I'll get it. So thankful my Savior is patient with me. Enjoy your beautiful September day! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment