Friday, August 21, 2015

Wait. [thoughts from my Bible reading this morning]

Lamentations 3:21-26  

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope : because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. 

I have seen people do this thoughtful thing. In the beginning of the new year, they pray and seek out a word from the Lord. A word to focus their mind and energy on through out the year. A word they truly believe the Lord has given them. Something they need to meditate on and learn. At the beginning of this year, I searched. I prayed. I wanted a word. But nothing came. So, I let it go. Today, eight months into this year, I received my word. Reminding me, once again, God is not on my time line. New Year, Shnew Year. He does what He wants. ;) Here is an exert from my journal this morning. Spoiler alert, it contains my word. :).

Perhaps my "word" for 2015 is wait. Wait for His timing. His direction. Fight to ignore this unrelenting urge to be instantly gratified. Take a step back in humility. Rekindle the embers of a once brilliantly flaming love-relationship with the pursuer of your soul. Find your quiet [your sanctuary] in Him, amidst the confusion of life and circumstances. Learn joy. Learn peace. Learn to sloooooow down. This hurried, chaotic attitude you develop is not His longing for you. Life pulls us to move. Our linear time lines demand forward motion. Maybe you need to stop. to breathe deeply. and wait in Him. He is doing something. In the still, quiet wait. You stand still - He is moving. 

Lord, Fill me with love. joy. peace. patience. kindness. goodness. gentleness. faithfulness. self control. Give me a spirit of contentment in the moment. To be still before You, and to wait patiently for You. 

Thanks for reading my thoughts. I hadn't really intended to share them. But perhaps if friends know what I'm being taught, they'll hold me accountable when I forget. :)

Happy Friday.
<3.

No comments:

Post a Comment